Without waiting for macOS Ventura, the final version of which will be delivered during the month of October, Apple is delivering Safari 16 this evening to users of macOS Big Sur and Monterey. Unlike its predecessor whose development had been enamelled by the controversy around its tab barthis version of the browser is much wiser!
It must be said that the visible new features are quite discreet: synchronization of website settings, better management and sharing of tab groups, greater language support for the translation tool, etc.
Preview of Safari 16 on macOS Ventura and iOS 16: new features in continuity
Safari 16: release notes
Safari 16 includes new features, further boosts performance, and improves security.
- Tab group start pages allow you to add different background images and bookmarks for each tab group.
- You can pin tabs that correspond to websites you visit frequently to each group of tabs.
- The sidebar lets you view the list of open tabs.
- Settings you’ve made for certain websites now sync with your devices.
- The strong password change feature allows you to tailor strong passwords to the requirements of each website.